CabinLock (from Moodys)

Calluna

Visit site
Has anyone fitted the CabinLock from Moody's to their boat? If so - is it easy to fit, does it look like much of a deterrent, and has the boat been broken into since?

Thanks,

Heather

<hr width=100% size=1>

M

mikenda - delete

Excellent Product. Reasonably easy to fit. Mine recently was the only boat not broken into in a raid on our pontoon. Shows up bright Green top.

<hr width=100% size=1>

pkb

Visit site
Any physical security system can probably be overcome with time, the right tools and enought determination. My theory is that just by making the other boats look a damn sight easier than yours to break into you have done a lot to protect your property. The yacht club where I moor has also instituted a system where members volunteer to mount a security guard each night and I know that they have been successful on at least one occasion in taking action which has lead to an arrest.

Peter

<hr width=100% size=1>

Tam_Hazan

Visit site
Yes, we fitted one to our Rival 34.
No we didn't suffer from any break-ins.
Reasonably easy to fit.
Would recommend that type - even it is a little more expensive than a simple hasp and padlock.
Tam

<hr width=100% size=1>

Calluna

Visit site
The only info that I found on the Moody's site was the price (£80). After our boat was broken into Hampshire Police sent us a pack containing a leaflet about the CabinLock, amongst loads of other useful and not so useful info. They say that they can't recommend any particular products, but this one appears to be effective. We bought one today and Moody's say they have sold around 700 of them.

There's a picture on this website:

http://www.klarschiff.com/img/bilder/cabinlockg.jpg

I've got a leaflet which I can scan and email to you if you want.

Heather

M_Russell

Visit site
Thanks Heather, the picture is worth a thousand words (as they say). Looks like a bit of drillings involved but end result looks like quite a deterent.

The list of kit required for my new (first) boat has just got even longer.

Mark.

<hr width=100% size=1>