cabin lining

aztec

Visit site
refitting the interior of my boat. question:-

should i line the interior with faced ply/tounge n groove?. i like the look and feel of wooden interios, and can fit decent lighting ino it. as well as rebuild/renovate the galley etc.

what would you do, or what have you done in the past that looked and functioned well? i liker the look of classic styled interiors, not white plastic ones.

regards,steve.

G

Steve nout wrong with t and g ,rockwool or loft insulation behind to keep the condensation down .
Dont forget to keep all gas pipes and any other piping on the surface so that you can get to it .
Mick

G

Seen parahna pine used very efectively on a canal boat, and warm to but might be worth leaving deck head white as even light woods absorb 50-60% of light!

Roly, Voya Con Dios, Glasson, Lancaster

aztec

Visit site
cheers mick, not forgot your depth finder,just not had time to remove transducer. i think i'll go with thin tongue groove but in white wood with spots set into it that should cater for all eventualities.
i've seen some of the features in back issues of MBM and have got ideas fron that.
speak to ya soon, regards, steve.

G

Another option!

Just refitted front cabin roof on Princess Zena- Original was white faced hardboard which seemed to be hydroscopic and swelled up following years of condensation. The roof was reinstated with plywood painted with gloss paint using a 4 inch sponge roller but without laying it off with a brush. The result is a slightly stippled eggshell type of finish which looks great. It definately does not look plastic like and give the advantage that it can be re-painted in the future if necessary. The plywood was painted with 2 coats primer, 3 coats undercoat (rub-down between so that any stray grain is removed) - finally finished with 2 coats topcoat gloss. I know that this is quite a lot of work but the result is something that can be maintained easily, gives good light, and although lengthy is quite easy to do.

Regards PZ

G

So did you get lots of goodies offered for the refit
Cheers
Mick

Angelcynn

aztec

Visit site
got some bits & bobs, info & opinion, advice, etc. placed ads in the free ads as well, not much joy there, i'm sure that someone out there has a load of old bits they don't know what to do with. I know that iv'e always got a good stock of car bits, or know where to get them, i thought that it would be the same with boats.

it seems that most people who have boats, are in fact like most people who have cars.....they will take them to dealers who will always want to fit new parts, i'm not saying that that's wrong, but it it an expence that is avoidable.

anyway keep checking the site, she's coming along nicely, break a bottle for me when you launch!

regards steve.