C Claims

G

Does anyone know if this company is still on the go, as iv'e just red a bit more on the " Phantom 42 " story, surely if this boat was hot then it would be on the register, reminds me of a few years ago when we bought a boat for Majorca, that was a private sale with not much paperwork, vague owner etc.

G

I don't know what C Claims are but please tell us about the boat you bought in Mallorca. What problems did you have and were they resolved?

G

Richard, C claims was a co that worked for insurance co I think looking and advertising details of stolen boats, bit like HPI register for boats, they had all details of boats, hull,engine no's and certain personall info like personall mods etc to I D them quicker, if you have any old boat mags you will see adverts.

The Histar was ok in the end but the owner had actually swapped his appartment for the boat so paperwork was vague, we had to meet the previous owner to him to satisfy all was ok, in the end the owner turned out to be someone well known in the opera singing world, or so we were told, I have seen the ad for P42 in MBY, does seem cheap but there's one in Jersey for the same price less vat, surely buying someting nearer home would be better, we had the Histar brought back on a container ship for 5.5 K so add that to the price as well.

Paul js.

G

Phantom 42

Thanks for that info.

I've been in contact about the Jersey boat. After vat paid, it makes it £187K so rather more. I told broker I'm going to look at £155K boat, so Jersey boat not worth £187K but broker said owner wouldn't move. Interestingly, Jersey boat has a good spec but no heating (or a/c). You can see all the extras from the advert, odd that heating wasn't included. I'm told heating can easily be added as a retrofit. Anybody had that done? Can it be done successfully?

G

Re: Phantom 42

Heating is no problem, eberspacher or Webasto, I'd go for EB, 5or 7 KW will be plenty, aircon for med though, Matt is the man for advise on aircon, we had it on the Histar, just used it in the cabins only for nightime cooling off.

Paul.js