Bye Bye Chatham

SP2

www.rightsofway.co.uk
This afternoon we say au revoir to MDL Chatham and head off to a shed at Medway Bridge. We are booked in for a month to repaint the hull and attend to various bits and pieces. After that it's off up the East Coast and then head down to Ramsgate/Eastbourne area. Then it will be France, Holland and a permanent berth abroad somewhere.

If you are really lucky I'll post some pictures of our endeavours - please feel free to put me on ignore for a while.

clivew05

Visit site
Pity your off - I am going to Chatham May 5,6 and 7 for a long weekend we could have met up for a beer .. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Good luck with your trip though - I was planing on something like this later in the year for a few days - ie Ramsgate/dover then across to France and back for a little trip ...

Laters
Clive

SP2

www.rightsofway.co.uk
Yes, Alec, why sell the boat when you can use her? Not prepared to put things on hold whilst others mess us about. If someone should come by and likes the boat then we will reconsider /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In fact had a nasty moment yesterday when I was emailed details of a Princess 37 in France called Mary Ann 3. That's SWMBO's name /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif (well not the "3" bit but she is a third child) and they only wanted 45K Euros.

Luckily a follow up email said she was sold so panic over.

We are on the waiting list for Calais anyway, and the 2 years of red means we may as well take advantage by cruising UK and thereabouts.

If we are going to be out and about, not much point in paying MDL the best part of 3K just for nothing.

Will just have to keep up to speed on Medway events by reading your tales of hardship in Sharfleet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
We intend on going up the East coast and later on across to Gravelines this year, also coming out on the 4th for ten days, so hopefully we'll see you about. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SP2

www.rightsofway.co.uk
Nice touch from MDL at Chatham this evening as we left - "could you let us have your electricity meter reading before you go?"

Well of course - I need those gates open.

Now secured at Medway Bridge - a very long and challenging passage this evening /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SP2

www.rightsofway.co.uk
That will be good, Alec.

Presumably whilst some of us have the wet or dry out and disposable foam brushes over the next few weeks you'll be polishing the hull /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
Ah, if only that were true, hasn't been out for two years now so its on with the paper suits, masks and goggles (which I find strangely appealing) and scrub, rub, paint, service all 6 sea cocks, move the fresh water tank, replace windows, new names and go faster stripes, polish the bloody thing and hope I find nothing wrong!
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Oh yes and do something about the leaking seawater pump on the 35 year old genny.
Easy peasy /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SP2

www.rightsofway.co.uk
Yep - agree on mask and goggles.
Postman just delivered some shiny new overalls courtesy of eBay /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Our respective spells out of the water should guarantee continued sunshine and fair winds /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif