Buying our first boat!! [Doral Monticello]

terryw

Visit site
Phil

Glad you are enjoying the Boca but can't help feeling you are over valuing her.
My Alegria was fully loaded, with everything except the washing machine, including the £30k TNT platform, and 2 years ago she went for your lower valuation.
No, we are not in boating at the moment, but hope you manage to keep boating

SolentPhill

Visit site
Im sure Im over value its not what I would say she is worth, its what its worth to me. Had I known you were selling at that low price I think I would have been tempted, did it have hard top?

I have had just about everything you could think of replaced on the Boca, s you know I had many problems with Simon, but now its all smiles and have a spare boat really, I changed the freezer, microwave, toilet for better ones upgraded the shower box, had the hand rails on the back by the locker changed to ones with blue lights that say Doral in blue, underwater lights, and blue lights all down the side and engine bay vents and swim platform. underwater camera and cameras in engine bay. At the helm took off the platform bit where the plotter sat and sunk an E Series in, had the volvo engine management system put in and changed all lights and switches to ones with blue lights in. AIS A & B, heater for 50ft sized boat so its nice and warm, genny and air con, cameras fitted to roof facing swim platform as well as one on side rail in case anyone hits me records 24 hrs and has wi fi. tv dome etc etc etc.

so if I did get another I would have to start all over again, the boat is 4 years old now, but in the summer is polished weekly and to be honest if I pulled up you would not think its 4 yrs old, there is not a mark on it.

but may keep an eye open for the Alg

Phill

Boat Italy

Visit site
I also searchfor such type of boats.My decision is also between diesel or gasoline and I'm not shure.What are your experiences up to now. Did you already buy one of these a boats?

steffyswain

Visit site
Hi

We have a Doral 250 se and are hoping to bring her to Alicante shortly as you are in Costa blanca can you recommend if this is a good idea re sea conditions anchoring in bays etc, we are new to boating to but have family living in Spain + fed up with boating in the rainy Uk !

Boat Italy

Visit site
Thank you Steffyswain!
Unfortunatly I'm not in spain but in Italy.
Therefore I hope to get help in this forum.
So I'm interested about diesel and gasoline engines as well in boat types like Monticello and similar boats.

So Mr.Boon, your in the same situation.
What decision dif you made?

And Steffyswain: what about your engine type and experiences?