Buying abroad - advice!

jrudge

Visit site
Bear in mind a broker saying something and proof are different.
Some registries in the Eu ( no idea if Frances is one ) won’t register a boat unless vat paid - however the extent to which a buyer will accept prior registration as confirmation of vat I don’t know. Most buyers on here would look for a vat receipt

rlw

Visit site
Have purchased 3 boats in the Med 1 in France and 2 in Spain and shipped them back to the Netherlands. Got a better boat compared to what I could get locally for the same price. You do need to make sure you factor in all the costs though and there will generally will be more cosmetic work to be done on a med boat. I would think however on a 25 year old boat depending on the size the delta might not warrant the extra cost. You need to factor in travel (more than once), transport, sea trial, survey?. Definately make sure you have the VAT invoice if applicable for a boat that age as EU buyers need this for registration so worth having even if you would not need this with Brexit.

Had 2 weeks in the Med when I purchased my T52 so can see the attraction of the med though I also enjoy the boat being an hour away and am onboard most weekends to either use it or tinker with it which is equally therapeutic :).

Whitelighter

Visit site
Dont do as I did. When in France I bought a French Boat (which was excellent) the only problem was that it was a make which was never exported to the UK, consequently when I brought it back and subsequently put it up for sale it was virtually unsaleable as nobody had heard of the make, and I ended up virtually giving it away.
So with this boat in Spain, if you intend to bring it back to the UK hopefully its of a make which is recognisable.

yours wasn’t the ACM Dynasty was it?