Burnham Week

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
You, Sir, should be in Class 5 with a boat like that. Class 6 will afford little publicity as it is last over the line and first back over the line......

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want publicity, I just want some relaxed non-spinnaker racing with the kids and some mates.

muckypup

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
muckypup,
I have just had it confirmed that it is as I said above, except that you have to set the throtlle as you start....... and not touch it again until you finish. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
So 30 knots up the river will be OK until you have to round a mark......

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they put a witness on board or do they just trust you not to touch the throttles or turn the GPS on? (I'd be impressed if harlequin could do 30 knots... maybe with a 15kt tide.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

S.

FullCircle

Visit site
I believe, Sir, harumph, that chaps prove they are not bounders or cads, by ermm, not considering nudging the lever no, not ever.
Besides, there is an Aural Throttle Position Change Warning Device on the transom of each boat. Its called exhaust noise.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You may not see them, but they are listening.

CPD

Visit site
Jim, I would be interested in crewing for a day. I have never raced at all but would be a very willing pair of hands

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Be a good idea to have a meet/raft up after one of the races.
Really happy for crew to join us other than the Friday where we have a full fridge and boat.

pm me.

FullCircle

Visit site
Alan, we will be forming a plan next week.
Looks like Robyn (Brian) could do with some crew, and probably Clive as well.
I think you ought to taste the red heat of competition, given your future plans.
Ming Ming is somewhere on the way to the Arctic I think, so probably wont be back this year for the Week.

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
I think you have experienced my level of competency with a big sail. Indeed our need last year, to sail round and round in circles whilst flying a brand new spinnaker from the top of our mast, not attached to the boat in any other way is still mentioned whenever I make the mistake of walking into the Crouch Yacht Club.

Luckily, our gyrations on that day looked so unusual that no-one has quite twigged that it was just simple incompetence. One person even asked, in all seriousness, if I was performing a clever penalty turn whilst still flying the spinnaker.

No, I have finally learnt my lesson and will be happily staring at greensleaves a*se in the still August waters of the Crouch.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyway, what are you still doing here?
Shouldn't you be off pirating?

I'm still here nursing my forestay blues - awaiting parts from bloody Sweden

CliveG

Visit site
O.K.

So who has entered a boat in which class.

List as far as I can see is
FullCircle Class 6
Robyn Class 6?
DRANNIE ?
CliveG in Sirenia Class 6

Any others?

Who is up for crewing on one of the fine craft?
I could do with crew most days.

CPD

Visit site
Despite earlier posts and chats, I now, due to work commitments (spraying goo in a lime plant in Ireland), will not be available that week at all /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
So where is PipeDreamette then?
After all, I have Eastcoastbernie,
The Vrenys are sailing.

Stop being so selfish Man. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Great news. A little spattering of rain this morning meant we cancelled our St. Katherines trip so we will be doing the full week now!

We are taking this seriously enough for me to send son down under the boat with a sponge and a hosepipe for breathing apparutus. Will report back on the effectiveness of the sponge and hosepipe.

Would try it myself but it could be dangerous.

FullCircle

Visit site
Its not too late.

Several Forum boats are in Burnham Week, and extra crew is handy and required.
Its not difficult. If you have a day spare, come and sail with us.
if you have an evening spare, come and have a beer with us.....

In fact, just come and have a look. You never know, you might even enjoy it.

We are an organisation devoted to the celebration of diversity. If you think you are diverse enough, come and be diverse.

Phone numbers on PM request.....

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Report from the front.

Well - we missed the barbecue. But after drifting around for two days on Saturday and Sunday, today was great with perfect (for us ) wind conditions.

Seeing lots of friendly forumites at the start line, maybe Full Circle is right about the East Coast bunch being nicer.

Good fun today with what seemed like an expensive coming together of a First 36 and Bavaria 38 at the keen end of the start line.

Most of the wise old forumites hung back a bit and made sure of their boats.

Perhaps the East Coast forum should be renamed 'Last of the Summer Wine - Marine Division'.

Brian.

Sixpence

Visit site
Re: Report from the front.

Oh most definately a freindly bunch , my regret is that we were unable to get to the BBQ , we would have loved to but we also need to get on with our boat , specially as we found a small ammount of rot that turned into a two foot square hole /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif , I think we should maybe have gone to the BBQ after all /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif