Burnham tides

DanTribe

Visit site
I've been using a tidal app by David Easton. Generally accurate and easy to use.
It shows a weird double low water for Burnham on Crouch tomorrow. I can't see this on other apps. Perhaps due to tidal surge?
Anyone have more info?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I've been using a tidal app by David Easton. Generally accurate and easy to use.
It shows a weird double low water for Burnham on Crouch tomorrow. I can't see this on other apps. Perhaps due to tidal surge?
Anyone have more info?
Nothing on Admiralty Total Tide :

1713425629732.png

DanTribe

Visit site
I don't know how to show the graph on here so I will try to describe it.
It shows normal HW at 10.40, 4.4m, then LW predicted at 16.43, 1.2m.
Superimposed is the [I assume] surge, LW 16.43 2.2m, rising to spike at 18.00 2.8 then falling about 18.15 to 1.9m then rising again continuing it's normal prediction.
This is from David Easton Android app.
I'm supoosed to be taking out junior sailors fronm my club right at that time, don't want to embarass myself running aground!

DanTribe

Visit site
Nothing much happened and no precise data, but there was more water at low water yesterday. I didn't expect to get alongside the pontoon but there was about 1 metre more than predicted.
The tide was neaps so the stream was weak but it did seem to pause about 18.30 then start again. So perhaps there was some sort of surge effect going on.
I had about 8 [seemed like dozens] of 7 to 12 year olds on board so was a bit distracted!

tillergirl

Visit site
Sounds great fun! I think there is at least one possibility of the north winds holding back the ebb - I guess. I did seem that there was still quite some water around the Strood at 5pm.