Burnham B/H weekend

Sixpence

Visit site
Just out of curiosity at this stage, but how many from here are going to be in the Burnham area that weekend ?
And is there any chance of finding an available mooring ? (I know it's likely to be busy)

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
The good ship Beyond Reason is entered. So I shall be there. Bank Holiday is potentially a crew swap day so I could have anything between nobody (cos they've all gone home/not arrived yet) and a whole load of crew (the departing lot plus the arriving lot).

Jim would know best, but I think you might have to ring up Rice and Coles to book a mooring.

Sixpence

Visit site
Ah, but when I said the intention was to take Sixpence from Wells/Brancaster in one single leg, I was being serious. Maybe mad, but one hell of a way to learn the ropes /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Looking at doing about 150nm in one leg, means it will take about 50 hours so if I haven't got a bit more than a clue by then, I may as well give up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deben to Crouch, should, by my reckoning, take a lot less. But if we don't take every opportunity possible once we get there, we would most definately be wasting time. The Deben in itself will be an excellent training ground, but if we don't push further then we'll lose the benefit of being there.
Or am I barking ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DanTribe

Visit site
In the unlikely event of a mooring being unavailable at the Sewage Works Yacht Club, there are usually spare moorings at Priors. Dinghy and outboard available for loan.
It's about equal staggering distance to the yacht clubs, a bit nearer the pubs.
Traigh is doing class 5 this year, we thought we would give you non spinnakerist a chance. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Thanks, but just to reassure the others, I have no intention of entering Sixpence in any of the actual races /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Apologies to Neil if that's what you were talking about, I don't ever see me being the racing type /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Wells to the Crouch in one go?

I think you need to take advantage of the tide here and take two goes. The tide moves at about 3 knots around Yarmouth/Lowestoft and you really want to take it from Wells and stop at Lowestoft where you can get into pretty easily in most conditions. I would then wait for the next tide which you can chase round the coast getting maybe 8 hours of helpful tide. Depending on boat speed this should get you around the Swin Spitway where you will then have the only bit of the journey against the tide going into the Crouch. We have managed Lowestoft to Burnham in 10 hours with favorable winds.

I would do it in two stops.

MoodySabre

Visit site
No - he is doing Wells to the Deben in one go. Then Deben to Burnham as a separate trip. Give the bloke a chance!

Your comments about the tide still apply though.

Come on Dave - put a date on it. I might meet you there with a bottle of champagne (won't be cold cos I don't have a fridge).

Sixpence

Visit site
All dependant on weather and tides now, almost everything else is ready, I can even move Sixpence down stream under power as the EA have cleared the weed, but until the high tides drop a bit I can't use the lock because the lock opens completely and you have a short time to get through before the man closes it again. It's one of the scissor lift types where there's only one gate, and when it's open the river has to be at the same level as the tide, which at the moment is too high, when the river is very low. All factors out of my control, but aiming for a move very soon.
Out of interest, who does want to know when I'm going to move ?. I was thinking of just doing it on the quiet /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hunson

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
who does want to know when I'm going to move ?. I was thinking of just doing it on the quiet /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we are all awaiting to know when your off. Its the next big journey after pipedreams even bigger journey. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MS: Couldn't you haul the bottle of bubbly along in the water to keep it cool or that just a sailors tale.

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO GO!

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING US!

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif