Bulb wattage for Marinaspec tricolour

CharlesHoghton

Visit site
Does anyone know the wattage rating for the halogen bulbs in a Marinaspec masthead tricolour and anchor light?

I need to replace the tricolour light bulb. I am guessing they are probably 5 or 10 watt (perhaps different for the tricolour bulb and the anchor light bulb) but there is nothing helpful written on the old bulbs or on the unit itself (which has, I think. long since been discontinued).

Thanks
Charlie Hoghton

VicS

Visit site
Re: 20 watt...

Yes 20 or 25 in the tricolour I think possibly also in the white steaming/anchor light although that may be smaller. You could go down to 10w in the tri if you are less than 12m but that will be at the expense of visible range.

I'm thinking about a friends boat that has a Marinspec. I might be able to find out for sure in a week or two. FWIW his has series resistance fitted which can reduce the power when the white is used as an anchor light. It was fitted at the same time as the light but i don't know if it is Marinspec equipment or if it was someone else's bright idea.

Any idea where we can get a new O ring to fit between the base and the removable lantern. I have some O ring material but not the correct size. I've got 2.4mm but it should be 3/32".

Welcome to the forum Charlie

Talbot

Visit site
25w is the minimum spec for boats of >12m 10w for smaller boats, but as the tricolour is the only light it is worth maintaining the 25 w (or going for a suitable led replacement)

pvb

Visit site

The Marinaspec light used a special 20watt quartz halogen bulb to provide required light output at reduced current consumption. Ordinary bulbs in tri-colour lights tend to be 25watt to provide sufficient light output.

TheBoatman

Visit site

I've just (this w/end) replaced the bulbs in the masthead and it's 25W for tricolour and 10W for the anchor light but these are ordinary bulbs not halogen.
Peter.

nardus

quintessens.gaatverweg.nl
I`ve replaved mine.
5365ib.jpg

Halogen bulbs With G4 fitting. 1 pc’s in blister. 12 Volt/20 Watt Part #:14339023