Bukhing good experience

twinkeel

Visit site
Recommissioning my Bukh20 and managed to shear the head off one of the machine screws which secure the impellor cover.

Fortunately got the old threaded part out without too much fuss

Rang Bukh at Poole this morning, called round this afternoon and came away with 4 new screws and a floating keyfob all FOC - PLUS nice chat with the guys there.

Brilliant

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
Rang Bukh at Poole this morning, called round this afternoon and came away with 4 new screws and a floating keyfob all FOC - PLUS nice chat with the guys there.

Brilliant

Great service, but they aren't cheap, but they are about the only place you can get reliable spares, unless you know a man in Gairloch.

They sent some spares to us at Lochinver, which is very close to the rse end of nowhere. All post there takes two days to get there, but some how Bukh got some spares next day delivery from Poole when I phoned up at around 1430. They sent up a floating key ring and a mini set of screwdrivers in the style of a pen. I did spend a small fortune with them though:rolleyes:

Last edited:

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
...."which is very close to the rse end of nowhere"

A very blinkered view, but if that's your opinion hopefully you'll be staying well south in the future.

It was my phrasing and meant as an expression to say how remote, and very far north Lochinver is in Scotland. It wasn't meant as a derogatory term in the slightest.

I used it as an example as to how good the service from Bukh UK was.

If you want to know my feelings about Scotland maybe you should read the 10 pages I've written extolling the virtues in the May issue of Yachting Monthly when it comes out, before jumping to conclusions about how I feel about a beautiful part of the world.

Ps We keep our yacht in Scotland, so you're out of luck for a bit yet

Last edited:

samwise

kalessin-of-orwell.blogspot.com
Take comfort from the experience of TV weatherman Tomasz Schafernaker who once identified an area of N Scotland in his forecast as "nowheresville." I thought he had been sacked ( not for that) for posing topless for a gay magazine, but I think he is still on the screen and may even have got back into favour with the Scots.