Bukh DV20 OIL PRESSURE SENDER

Hostage

Visit site
Good news! FR today confirmed that the sender referred to above (number ends 014) has thread M10 x 1. They have also confirmed previously that the Bukh sender thread is indeed also M10 x 1. So that is the way I will go. I don't plan to fit the new sender until I bring the boat ashore in late Oct. But I m happy that this now concludes this small matter. Hope this is helpful to others.
In closing I also noticed that FR. also appear to sell a Temperature gauge with the thread M14 x 1.5 which I know from experience fits my Bukh. It's in the FR catalogue and the price is about £30 approx. Much cheaper than Bukh at
£65 approx. Food for thought.

Hostage

Visit site
Just a very short update.
I purchased from Furneau Riddal as stated above in October but it was not fitted until
Feb.
I am happy to report a complete success. There was a Y fitting which contained the
Sender and a switch. I removed the fitting and fitted the new sender/switch direct to the engine. All is now working as desired.
Hope this is of use to some.

BalticLongkeeler

Visit site
I am happy to report a complete success. There was a Y fitting which contained the
Sender and a switch. I removed the fitting and fitted the new sender/switch direct to the engine. All is now working as desired.
Hope this is of use to some.
Hi there,
do you happen to know the pressure range that the sensor / sender has to deal with? The 5 bar (~ 72.5 psi) sender I installed (purchased that locally from awn.de) seems to oversteer the instrument, i.e., 184+X Ohms sensor reading.
I replaced a mechanical analog instruments which showed a working pressure of < 4 bar (~58 psi). But I am not sure if I can trust that value, it resembled more a 'yes, there likely is something pressing on my membrane' display.

Cheers from the Kiel (Germany) area, and thanks in advance!

Ulli (also a 20+ years PBO reader...)