Bruce anchor bow roller design?

paulg

Visit site
I'm remodelling the sharp end, grp 34footer, and struggling with a design for Bruce bow roller.Of the shelf stuff looks either weak/cheeks too low and....far too £££. Have access to s/s fabricator with lazer cutting gear,lucky I know,but he needs diagram/templates and he isn't local. So far I'm on to my 3rd cardboard box,4th?cereal packet and fed up with cornflakes 3 x a day. Also fed up with this 1 week project which has been on "her" dining room table for 3 weeks! I can see why 98% of the bow rollers in our marina are stock bought and pretty much useless for even a coastal blow. Don't get me started on trying to get the anchor shank passed furling headsail gear! Bowsprite not an option.

SHUG

Visit site
Its easy to design and make a "rocking" roller to replace a single roller.
With the rocker, you don't get to the situation where the anchor is stuck at the roller and hanging vertically. You need to make two cheeksand two spindles for the new rollers and then pivot the whole assembly on your existing pin. Plenty of designs to copy in the catalogues.
Here is one: http://www.boatersland.com/wdncar4.html

Last edited:
Visit site
Where would you buy the plastic rollers?

My boat has a splendidly sturdy aluminium bow fitting but I would like to make a pivoting set up for it.

JAYEL

Visit site
Got what you might be looking for amongst my boaty junk, send me your email adress in a PM and will send you a pic, see what you think