Broom owners club

G

Anyone know if there is a Broom owners club?

cneighbour

G

Hit the nail right on the head. Mind you being retired you should know all about SAGA.
what boat yer got then ?

cneighbour<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by cneighbour on Wed Feb 6 20:15:44 2002 (server time).</FONT></P>

BarryD

Visit site
We (h. and me) fell in lust with a Broom 35CL at the ILBS, found more headroom in the aft cabin than in the 38. Lovely boat but apparantly we're not old enough yet. Damm and curses.

Barry D

G

Squaddies not at Southampton is it ? You did'nt buy it in the states did you ?

cneighbour

Falcon71

Visit site
Age doesn\'t come into it!

And quite how old do you have to be to be a Broom owner? You are treading on very thin ice here, so be careful before you answer.

All you have to be is Stylish, age doesn't come into it, and any one who argues with me is in deep trouble, and I'll set the Big one onto you, and if you are really rude again you'll have to account to the Pocket Rocket, who has finished off better men than you!!

Indignantly yours

miket

Visit site
When you have John Blake as your friend/ engineer, you've heard all the Broom/ age jokes.

I rise above it all.

Whilst I am doing 28 knots, sitting on the "command bridge" in my shorts, soaking up some rays, I look with pity on the flybridge cruisers struggling to keep up, with everyone enjoying the thrill of being alternately soaked and frozen!

Just think quality not quantity.

As for a club. Not sure. There is a Broom Owners burgee, so presumably there is a club/ association. Try Brooms.

Falcon71

Visit site
I remember James once tried to have a Broom owners weekend a few years ago, Lymington I think, we went along, and spent a lot of time on the boat as it p***ed down all week end. We did go out for a meal via an open topped bus. Unfortunately, HE decided to join the weather and get liberally ......, so I had to call a cab back early. So if anything came of it we were never invited again.

tcm

Visit site
congratulations! It's okay to have a broom as long as you get thrown out of any owners weekend. Same sort of thing happened to me with ferrari owners weekend when I turned actually driving one instead of trailering, and then I zoomed around the car parking wet field for a laugh all spinning about and then let the kids have a go too, er um anyway didn't get invited back....

byron

RIP
Visit site
Blakey invented all the Broom age related jokes. Mind you when I changed from a Broom to a Prinnie I gained a new lease in life, now I am not as old as you Mike so there might be something in what he says.

ô¿ô

oldgit

Visit site
I always though that a nice black cat filthy cauldron and matching broom went well with a pointy hat on walpurgis eve....

G

there is not a broom owners club, apparently it was suggested to Martin Broom about 3 years ago but nothing happened. I know a broom 38 owner paul thomas would be very interested in starting something if enough people are interested. he can be contacted at paulgwynthomas@aol.com. neil herring

G

Good for you.
On a much smaller scale than you guys are talking about, the Broom Runabout Owners Club (for Jack Broom's boat, Martin's late brother) is just being wound up. If I had the time I would carry it on.
ND

Nick Dalton

(Ah, that's what a signature is.)

BarryD

Visit site
Re: Age doesn\'t come into it!

Hey Falcoln I like them but when I said we'd looked at them got the piss taken out of us something chronic. Still can't afford one now - got a new car instead.

Barry D