brokers-who needs them-(print this p.b.o.!)

G

The UK loves things like OFTEL etc

Self appointed regulatory bodies ....

So here's one for you lot - What about a body created by Yotties FOR Yotties that could propose standards and reccomendations to follow ?

OFTEL etc. came about because Tel Co's didn't want Govt. rubbish etc. and they always claim to look after the public ..... !!

BMFA ..... YBDSA ....... etc. don't seem to cater - so c'mon - hows about it ??

<hr width=100% size=1>Nigel ...
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.qqbaltic.com/index.html>http://www.qqbaltic.com/index.html</A> For all those disbelievers ! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

JBR

Visit site
Having read all your comments I must say that my recent experience with brokers, proved very disappointing. I had been trying to find a yacht after an eight year gap in ownership.

Brokers yacht details, sent or examined on the web proved to be completely inappropriate when the boat was viewed. An honest overview of the condition of the yacht on offer would have prevented most of my viewings and saved considerable time and expense. When I raised questions on documents status relating to vat, registration and ownership, I was usually informed that they had not examined any paperwork and that they would contact the vendor and advise me in due course. In all cases they never did.

Is it too much to expect a broker to provide factual statement of condition and document status? especially when the broker had viewed the vessel.

However my dealings with one National Broker impressed me considerably. After eight months of searching I found a suitable yacht and after following the usual procedures completed the purchase. At that stage things went seriously wrong fortunately the MD of that company became involved and resolved the situation immediately, removing considerable stress and financial implications on me by cancelling the arrangement. I did eventually purchase a yacht privately but would have no hesitation in dealing again with or recommending Opal Marine to any one contemplating purchasing through a broker.

<hr width=100% size=1>Get Carter

A

angelsson

I have recently purchased a yacht using Kings Agency in Southampton, and to add to the difficulties it was in Nice.
They were very good at what they did and would recommend them to anyone.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Visit site
Re: Another decent broker

I paid Deacons (top end of the Hamble) a £250 fee to be hauled out and located in their display area for the duration of the September 2003 used boat show.

4 days before the planned lift out I sold my yacht via another broker. Deacons refunded my money minus a reasonable deduction for their wasted advertising costs.

<hr width=100% size=1>

blue_anchor

Visit site
Re: watching brief..

ive yet to see a controversial topic fully printed as a letter,kim,warts &all.. most other replies point to a general dissatisfaction with the existing brokerage system,dont they,..i am aware that brokerage ads underpin a lot of your costs of mag.production..so,to throw the ball back into your court..the investigative article?i think not..at least the forum is alive&kicking..

<hr width=100% size=1>powered by desanex..