Bristol Harbour Festival (again)

Sneds

Visit site
I was very disapointed by the "music" we had to endure from the amphitheatre stage.
Loud would be an understatement, our pontoon was bombarded with pounding bass and pretty crap music, Friday night was particlarly bad, then again so was Saturday!
I fear the harbour festival is becoming just a "festival" with loud music, new age travellers and loads of drugs.
You could get stoned just on the fumes in the air!
I have no problem with festival goers, but this ain't Ashton Court or Glastonbury, it is however, going that way and that would be great shame.

tre4

Visit site
I couldn't agree more I've seen better bands in the local pubs.
I have been to the harbour festival for the last five years or so but the only thing I enjoyed this year were the fireworks and meeting some of you guys.
Bristol is one of my favorite local places to sail to but I think I'll give the festival a miss next year.
Trevor /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Music was the worst bit... even the bands i have employed for private parties or YC doos are way better. Didn't notice any drugs but maybe a quick e-mail to the organisers would help from each of us.
Must admit the fireworks were good though.
Andy

Who

Visit site
Fireworks were excellent

I was round the corner and away from the music a bit. Not so much in the thick of it, but not too noisy.

Needs to be more about the boats though

tre4

Visit site
Neeeds to be more about boats for sure, did spot DOT COM but didn't make contact with you guys this time, will make more of an effort next. Trevor

seedog

Visit site
I was there on foot and I did wonder how those who were there in boats coped with the noise. Didn't see a lot of music as getting around on foot was difficult. As it was my first ever harbour festival I was surprised that there was very little opportunity to see what was happening on the water if you were not on a boat. I got the impression that most people were not that interested in boats and boating, which is fair enough. I agree the music standard was not that good and have heard similar comments elsewhere.

I have a good contact in BCC and will mention the comments made here. Think the suggestion to send feedback in is a good idea, it's important that the organisers hear from everyone as it is all too easy for them to declare it a great success and carry on making the same mistakes. Here is the link to Bristol CC feedback Bristol CC feedback

Sneds

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Csail

N/A
Visit site
What?????? They were generally not good. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Who

Visit site
What we need is a bit of

Robbie Williams
Queen
or the Stones.

for next year !

I will let them know, so they have time to book them all up, I am sure it wont be a problem /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sneds

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Has anyone had the organising manager phone them? I was on the phone for about half hour .....seems like next year won't be as good from the comments.