Bridge

Danny_Labrador

Visit site
Anyone come across people who play BRIDGE (cards) ?

Trying to persuade SWMBO to come cruising with me but she is reluctant to leave her Bridge pals - this could just clinch it :)

ripvan1

Visit site
My parents, who lived in Alicante in the 80's and 90's joined their local English speaking club and played regular bridge and other games which in turn introduced them to an international bridge club and they played so regularly at theirs' and other members homes that their social calender was overflowing. Never interested me but occasionally when visiting I would go along to a meeting and found that there was a great friendly atmosphere. Go for it.

Danny_Labrador

Visit site
Never met a happy husband and wife team most seem to end up playing with other partners if you get my drift:rolleyes:

Umm.............yes I know where you are coming from. Its a strange "game" it does seems to bring out the worst in some people. I have witnessed rudeness that just would not be acceptable in any other social situation. Not other card game seems to do this - don't know why.

SWMBO and I seem to be able to cope - there have been moments but generally we get along and she is really quite good and enjoys it.