Brest Marina

maxi77

Visit site
We stopped there last summer. The facilities on the pontoons are great with excellent wifi. Shore facilities were still in portacabins but OK. Great access to town and there are many restaurants nearby as that area becomes trendy. There are no chandlers or other marine support you need to go to the other marina for that, though for simple things there is a decent bus service. In fact the Brest bus service is very good and got us around a fair ammount. Security is fair by French standards.

Tottington Hall, near Bury, in the Duchy of Lancas
Visit site
I've been there 3 times, and on each occasion the marina staff couldn't have been more helpful. When I sought a specific SHOM chart, the marina manager drove me himself to a source of supply a couple of miles away. Superbe!

A friend 'over-wintered' his boat there and, when collected, she was cleaner than he normally keeps her.

'Douze pointes!'

:)

stiknstring

Visit site
Marina du Chateau, Brest

I echo the previous comments. Nice wide berths, helpful staff, clean, close to many restaurants, fish market and wine shop. A great stopover (personally, we much prefer it to Camaret). Always seem to have space for vistors although they do get a lot of rallies. If they don't have space though, the Port Du Moulin Blanc is only a couple of miles further up river.

Chateau' phone number is : 02 98 02 20 02. email: port-de-plaisance@sopab.fr. You want to be on Ch 8 for port control (approaches) and ch 09 for the marina.

hope you enjoy it as much as we have