Brest; auberge or family hotel

Roach1948

www.dallimoredesigns.nl
I am not taking Roach to Brest anymore (time/work/oustanding maintenance is my excuse) so flying across. Anybody recommend a good centrally located character Auberge in Brest?

I dont really like these Holiday Inn Express thingies....

Roach1948

www.dallimoredesigns.nl
[ QUOTE ]
Were going in the MG, via Loire valley, god knows if we'll make it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very dangerous!!!

Thanks for the link - that is great! I am going via RyanAir, so no such temptations for me...

Tranona

Visit site
Your MG will absolutely love it! I did two long trips in mine, including one to Poitiers over the severe storm new year of 2001/2 (from memory). Keep off the autoroutes if you can, many of the old roads have little traffic.

Enjoy!

burgundyben

Visit site
MG should be ok, its and MGA 1500 but just had a rebuilt 1800 and 5 speed box and taller diff...we'll see..firt test drive is this evening.

We have flown Ryan Air a couple of times, its been fine, the only thing to note is that if they cancel the flight you are on your own! (which in this case could be a bonus as you'd have to sail back!)

Tranona

Visit site
Lucky people! Mine was a B GT. Since replaced by a Morgan - great fun but less practical for long distances - particularly when you have no hood rule unles there is a monsoon!

burgundyben

Visit site
Yep, vigourously inforced no hood rule.

Previous car was a Healey 100M, a little to precious (and dropped a big end in Northern Spain but we dont talk about that) so sold it and MGA bought for half the money.

Gavi

Visit site
We will be at Brest too, crewing on a 1916 100ft yacht courtesy of some friends. We decided it would be more reliable than an MG.

Timcowen

Visit site
back in the early 80's bought a red MGB GT for 2k. Had been standing for 6 months and had an inch of water inside from a leaking windscreen seal. Dried it out with a hairdryer , turned it over, put the wife in the passenger seat and went on a test drive... to france... 1k miles later came home. Only problem on whole trip was when a lead dropped out of the coil ... soon fixed and crimped tight with a rusty pair of pliers. (found in the inch of water). Happy days.

DownWest

Visit site
That made me think----- Early 70´s went with friend to collect his Talbot out of farmers barn, been there 8mths. Jump started it and I drove it back as my insurance covered it. Naturally we were late (not sure what for) and found myself trying to keep up with his current MG-B in the 50´s Talbot doing over 80 on the straights. I was trying not to think of what might have perished over the years. Much more sensible nowdays (I hope)
Andrew
I would be interested to hear your opinions about Brest, I was invited as I went to MorBihan. To busy to go, and heard comments about yobbish behavior late in the evenings. Best done in a boat was the other mention.-A