Boxing Day 'Cruise'

Gibeltarik

Visit site
Very successful trip out and back yesterday including passing through Cookham Lock both ways on public power. ( ( (Cookham is unusual in that it depends on an electricity supply to select gates or paddles even when hand-winding)

The message on the River Conditions site is out of date - but don't forget Cookham is planned to close on 7 January for repairs to the downstream cill.

oldgit

Visit site
Very successful trip out and back yesterday including passing through Cookham Lock both ways on public power. ( ( (Cookham is unusual in that it depends on an electricity supply to select gates or paddles even when hand-winding)

The message on the River Conditions site is out of date - but don't forget Cookham is planned to close on 7 January for repairs to the downstream cill.

Excellent, nice to see somebody out over the holiday.

We are off on the RCC "Icebreaker" on 1 st Jan. Quick blast and /or creep down the river and smartly back to clubhouse for stew and dumplings. :)
After that club has arranged visit to Chatham MDL during February, mainly because they have vast amounts of shore power and all the resturants are only a brisk 5 min sprint away.

Brightside

Visit site
Headed out on Christmas Eve for a few hours around 13.00 and saw no one at all. Afternoon weather was rather pleasant as well. Thought it a great time to have headed out and will doubtless repeat in the coming days.

oldgit

Visit site
Water at Upnor was like a mirror yesterday afternoon, with clear blue sky and watery sun.Neither soul or boat to be seen .
..............all looked very nice from the safety of my sofa behind some double glazing. :)
Just about make out the "new" Isle of Sheppey bridge about 10 miles away.
Must be winter, boat covers are starting to get a green tinge .

Last edited:

Brightside

Visit site
Headed out again today. Great morning with sunshine and river as calm as a mill pond - quite magical, pity I forgot the camera! But, in over four hours saw only one other boat moving, a few on board boats moored up bank-side and in the marina. Happy New Year and to great boating through 2019!

Actionmat

Visit site
We're locked out of the beautiful Thames until March because of Molesey. All we have managed is a few weekends at Hampton Court and I'll be doing it again tomorrow. £820's worth of blue licence on display and I'll be using her until the toilet tank is full. I miss the rest of the non tidal. The Mrs wanted a bigger boat so we could venture to the coast, but all I want to do is moor on an Island by Cookham and get the bottle opener out.