Bowman 49

pugwash60

Visit site
I’ve recently bought a Bowan 49 Sloop. She’s the Holman and Pye design but I can’t find much information on the web about other numbers from the class. It looks like most were Ketches, there are remains of for ‘sale adverts’ for a few.
I have found sailboat data for the ketch but it’s not as comprehensive as normal. It also gives displacement at 16 odd tonnes where the adverts had over 20. I’m still to come out of the water but suspect 20 may Be closer to the mark.
If anyone had any information about these boats I’d be most grateful. She’s a lovely, well built, good sailing boat.

Goldie

Visit site
Gorgeous boat! You could ask at Bowmanyachtcharters.com , I think they have one in Falmouth. I often see another (a ketch) in the Helford River but no contact details I’m afraid. I think two hulls were ‘stretched’ to 50ft and, I think, renamed the Bowman Talisman 50. Search Bowman 50 Pleiades for example.

pugwash60

Visit site
Thanks Goldie, Yes I’ve seen Plaiedes on J Rodriguez’s website. I bought mine from Bowman Charters so that’s the same one.

buschy

Visit site
Hi Pugwash, i am presently looking at a Bowman 49 ketch and was wondering if you have any feedback on your boat since you've owned it?