Bournemouth air festival

U4

Visit site
Quick pointer for everyone - if the schedule is anything like previous years the Thursday is a 'practice' day and therefore the Arrows and Euro Fighter dont fly on this day.

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
BAF - Flying times

Being as the money goes into my council coffers I still want you to buy as many copies of the excellent programme but I can give you the outline flying times without being arrested probably. There's an Android app and I believe there is one for the iPhone as well (good to see Bournemouth Council supporting the minority groups) which has the advantage of being updated as the programme changes for weather or breakages. The app is free or £6 if you want the flying time (you can buy just one day for less if you're really tight).

There's a hell of a lot going on on the ground as well, not that that will be much help if you're moored in the bay of course. The Royal Marines Band, Commando Amphibious assault, birds of prey amongst many but the highlight has to be "Dodgy Totty performing Flights of Fondant fancy" - it isn;t what you probably think it is I'm afraid but I may still go and watch it...

Sadly the Vulcan won't be there as it's sprung a leak but that's one hell of a lot of flying for a free airshow not to mention the ground activity. For the flying Sunday has to be the day if you only have one day - BBMF, Spitfire, Sparrows, and Sally-B plus a host of RAF a/c and some top level aerobatics teams..

I just hope the weather holds - tomorrow's looking a bit iffy sadly.

Thursday - BBMF at 14:00 and then every 10-15 minutes there's something till 16:30. At 20:00 there's a "Dusk Air Display" consisting of some jumping beans, a display duo and Brendan's Flying Flying Circus.....

Friday - First display at 13:30 and the right through till 16:45. BBMF at 14:00 again and Dead Sparrows at 15:30. Dusk air display again at 20:00

Saturday - Dead Sparrows at 13:00 then right through to 17:00 with a display every 10 minutes. BBMF at 14:00 as every day and Dusk Air Display at 20:00.

Sunday - first display at 13:00 then right through to 17:00 again - BBMF at 14:00, Sally-B (the only B-17 Flying Fortress still flying) at 14:30, solo Spitfire display at 14:50, Dead Sparrows at 16:15 and a last display at 16:55 by a Tornado GR-4. The gap of 50 minutes is probably to give the Tornado time to get back from Libya.....

U4

Visit site
Thanks GOG - also I have just been informed that two F15 Strike Eagles are going to be doing a flypass at 3:30 today (Thursday).

Imperial One

www.imperial-yachtbrokers.com
If you are going out there now you will certainly need your waterproofs - it is chucking it down and viz is miserable....must be an air show today!:rolleyes:

Like I said, it is raining...so it seems it was called off for the day.
If you went by boat I hope you managed to get into Bournemouth Lower Gardens by following the Bourne Stream.....look at this link showing photos taken this morning!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-14575270

[2068]

Visit site
We were a bit washed out by this mornings rain.
Currently drying out in the hotel du vin:eek:, but boat in Cobbs Quay, so hope to see some hairyplanes tomorrow.

U4

Visit site
We were a bit washed out by this mornings rain.
Currently drying out in the hotel du vin:eek:, but boat in Cobbs Quay, so hope to see some hairyplanes tomorrow.

Did you make the trip over to Cobbs today Dave and if so what was the sea state like off Bournemouth beach?

Cheers!

Other threads that may be of interest