boulters restaurant

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
driving past boulters on the way home last night and noticed that they have finally replaced the old rickety pontoon with a brand new one - anyone been and tried out the depth yet as it always looked a bit shallow there?

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Load them into photobucket and copy and paste the image code directly into the message box . The following will appear ( ive broken the first link for you to see it )

[IM]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c368/JFCarpentry/Boats/004-2.jpg[/IMG]

004-2.jpg

Chris_d

Visit site
We dropped in there during August, still had the old pontoon so we moored just downstream on the wall as usual, had a drink at the Bar which is very pleasant, we were hoping to eat there that evening but it was closed Sunday evenings. However on inspecting the menu it didn't inpsire and was too pricey I thought, won't be rushing to go back unless I hear a very glowing report. We went to the Thai place down the road instead.

pauldennis

www.boultersrestaurant.co.uk
Boulters Restauarant

Hi,
My name is Paul and i am one of the Directors of the compnay that now owns Boulters. Apologies that the pontoon has taken so long to repair; it was the first thing on our list of rennovations however legal complications have delayed us until now.

As for the depth, it is still shallow in places however everything that is there is very soft; we have a plan in place to remove the sediment when the river rises and starts to flow in a month or so.

We did have 3 boats moored on it over the weekend and none of them had any problems getting on or off.

As for the menus, i was sorry to hear that one poster didn't like the sound of it; the bar menu has gone through a major overhaul and offers pub classics 7 days a week. The fine dining restaurant is closed on Sundays. As for the prices; we are still cheaper than the ferry for pub food and all of it is freshly prepared - we do not own a microwave !!!

If anybody has anything else they would like to ask please don't hesitate to contact me through our website which is www.boultersrestaurant.co.uk
Many thanks
Paul D

oldgit

Visit site
argh....
[IM(shove another G in here ie. (IMG) )]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c368/JFCarpentry/Boats/004-2.jpg[/IMG]

Sigh..........

Last edited:

pauldennis

www.boultersrestaurant.co.uk
Only if they are air cooled I suppose but its a bit of a vicious circle; as soon as people start to use the pontoon the situation will improve but people won't want to be the trailblazers for fear of any damage. Hence the thinking behing letting some metal tubs do the majority of it for us !