Bought me Oil in France , hope its the right stuff

saltyrob

Visit site
Hi Folks ,

There has been much discussion about the correct oil for a Volvo Penta 2002 and the like and the preference for CD grade lube .

Purchased some 15W/40 API SF/CD oil ,9 Euros for 5 litres in a French Hypermarket. Container says multigrade for petrol and diesel.

Would this be mineral based and the right oil for the VP. It was not that easy to find as the some of the stores only stock oil from one major supplier , ie Total and their oil has the higher specification .

Many thanks

Rob

Modulation

Visit site
Hi Folks ,

There has been much discussion about the correct oil for a Volvo Penta 2002 and the like and the preference for CD grade lube .

Purchased some 15W/40 API SF/CD oil ,9 Euros for 5 litres in a French Hypermarket. Container says multigrade for petrol and diesel.

Would this be mineral based and the right oil for the VP. It was not that easy to find as the some of the stores only stock oil from one major supplier , ie Total and their oil has the higher specification .

Many thanks

Rob

Was it from Auchan? That's where I bought oil for my similar-aged Yanmar 2gm - and it was EXACTLY the spec in the manual.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Hi Folks ,

Many thanks

Rob

Yes, that's the one I have been using for quite a few years now. I don't drive to Greece any more so unable to get it there, so most recently have used a similar one bought in Italy and this year similar bought in Greece. Engine is now up to 2300 hours, equivalent to nearly 100,000 miles in auto terms, still seems like new.

southseaian

Visit site
Yes I buy oil in French supermarkets. I make sure the spec is correct and save a lot. It's maybe a third of British motor factors prices and a tenth of anywhere yachtie in UK.

lw395

Visit site