Borrowing a mooring request

ashanta

Visit site
First of my apologies if this is not the right forum for this request. I wasn't sure exactly where to post.
Over the years I have always been happy to let any visitors use my swinging mooring both in England and here in Ireland when I have been away cruising. In late May early June I need to be near Falmouth / Fowey area for a couple of weeks and I wondered if there would be a mooring available from someone of similar mindset? If anyone may know of someone or of a club etc in the area that may be able to help it would be appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.

Neeves

Visit site
I cannot comment on rules and regs in various locations but if you want to 'borrow' a mooring you really need to define what size of vessel might use the mooring.

I'd be more than happy if someone borrowed our mooring (I believe here it is an accepted practice, short term) as long as they were the same 'sort' off size and weight but would draw the line at a vessel much bigger - for obvious reasons.

Jonathan

ashanta

Visit site
Many thanks for your replies and my apologies for not getting back sooner. I need to look at the settings as I didn't receive any notifications.

Firstly thanks about Mylor Yacht club ( Falmouth) I will check it out.

Jonathan, thanks for your reply. My boat is a Dehler 37. She weighs 6 tons and has a 5'6" drought. Would this fit your mooring set up?

Once again many thanks to you both.
Peter

NormanS

Visit site
Many thanks for your replies and my apologies for not getting back sooner. I need to look at the settings as I didn't receive any notifications.

Firstly thanks about Mylor Yacht club ( Falmouth) I will check it out.

Jonathan, thanks for your reply. My boat is a Dehler 37. She weighs 6 tons and has a 5'6" drought. Would this fit your mooring set up?

Once again many thanks to you both.
Peter

You might find that Jonathan's mooring is quite far off. :D

Neeves

Visit site
Sorry Peter,

I was generalising - I had thought maybe if you were more specific you might receive more reasoned replies (from someone who was local to your needs).

Jonathan

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
St. Mawes Sailing Club (east side of the Fal Estuary and a very pretty location) have visitors moorings. 01326 270686.
They may be worth a try.
May to early June could be a quieter time than July - August which usually gets very busy all round the Fal Estuary.

If you decide to try St. M.S.C, mention that I suggested you try them. I am a member, but live nearly 900 hundred road-miles north of them so don't get into the Club often ;)

ashanta

Visit site
Thanks Sarah, Yes, I know the area very well. I kept my yacht on the river Exe for over 20 years and cruised Devon and Cornwall extensively. I was just trying to "borrow" a mooring for a few weeks as I am sailing over from Ireland to do a charity cycle ride which will take around 7 to 10 days depending on the weather. If you live over 900 miles to the north, you must live in the Sheltlands? Did you mean 90? Somewhere in Devon/Somerset? Anyway many thanks and I will check it out as an option.

awol

Visit site
Thanks Sarah, Yes, I know the area very well. I kept my yacht on the river Exe for over 20 years and cruised Devon and Cornwall extensively. I was just trying to "borrow" a mooring for a few weeks as I am sailing over from Ireland to do a charity cycle ride which will take around 7 to 10 days depending on the weather. If you live over 900 miles to the north, you must live in the Sheltlands? Did you mean 90? Somewhere in Devon/Somerset? Anyway many thanks and I will check it out as an option.

May I suggest you read post #7 again? Robert lives 900 road miles north in bonnie Scotland.