Boring boating question

• Thread starter Deleted User YDKXO
  • Start date
D

Deleted User YDKXO

I've used Interspeed antifoul for years and, in my view, it does'nt do exactly what it says on the tin. 3 months in the water and the hull looks like an underwater Eden project.
Has anyone used anything else more effective? Boat moored in Solent, max speed 26knots
Please, no recommendations for Soltron!

DepSol

Visit site
Micron optima, has worked well with mine better than Interspeed but more expensive and more of a pain to apply. Thats why I pay for someone to do it.

Dom

G

Re: Antifouling

I used Interspeed for years and had no problem which suggests that maybe your location has something to do with it. I would ask around the marina to see who uses what to best effect.

Nick

jfm

Visit site
Re interspeed, lymington

I believe diff products have different poison in them so depends on your location. I asked Peters the other day what they currently recommend for our fairline and they were adamant we should use interspeed!

Ours is white antifoul and by mid season it's a bit green around the boottop, so we do a mid season lift out and pressure wash. BTW Lymington Yacht Haven do this on Sat mornings, pre-bookable 30 min slots, for £60 up to 12m. I think that's quite cheap, worth doing mid season and you can have a quick look at the anodes at the same time

tcm

Visit site
Re: Black?

Black looks awful out of the water, but in the water, the greeny browny gloop simply "disappears" from view, blending with the darkness below. White is gret for boat shows. Black sounds mad, but isn't, honest even tho it looks crap when out of the water. Also, u can see condition of antifoul if whitish scrapes show thru. Also black is stronger, i'm told.

jfm

Visit site
Re:Not Black?

Black looks great on a Ferretti, Azimut, LS. But we've had this debate before, I can't bring myself to use anything other than white on a blue-hulled Fairline, too worried about that triangle of white it will create at the front, between chine and waterline

tcm

Visit site
Re:senility

can't remeber. Also not sure how much blue there is on yr boat: is it blue all the way down to w/line? Doesn't the blue follow the chine and lift up at the bow? The black folows the same upward sweep, no, giving a blue hull against a white lower stripe. Black is seen as anything at all. So where's the white triangle? Perhaps turn the boat around. No matter, most blue hull f'lines also have brownish green-tinged er I mean white antifoul too. Praps experiment in harbour someetime wiv poster paint or izzat another lunatic idea .

jfm

Visit site
Re:irrationally sticking to my guns

Blue is only above chine. So the white part sweeps up towards bow. If I black antifoul the wet bit only, there will be a white triangle at the front. If I let the black antifoul sweep up at the front so it follows the chine, then there's just a parallel stripe of white between the blue and the black. All a matter of taste, so quite irrational, but I don't like either of those options. I like the antifoul to be below the waterline only. Hence I'll stick to dirty scummy "white" antifoul which prob looks absolutely horrid when the boat is planing but I never get to see that view :)