Borer Bee YME8 - Eventide

Doghouse

Visit site
Built Singapore 1957/59 and sailed home to uk via Red Sea.

Does anyone out there know any snippets of information regarding this particular Eventide. I've copies of the articles in the Jan & Feb issues of YM 1960 but would be very keen to track and record her history from then on.

WHY ? - Because I've just bought her and want to complete her story.
Note also left on the Classic Boat Forum.
Any and all info will be appreciated !

Thanks in anticipation. Alan.

Sniper

Visit site
I looked at this boat 10 years ago; she was laid up ina boatyard at Boston. I'm glad she's still in existence. When I saw her, an awful lot of work was required. Good luck with her.

Doghouse

Visit site
Horatio, thanks for that. Just to let you know the boat is in sound condition at this time. It appears that previous two owners have spent some time working on her and little time sailing!
One thing you may be able to help with - she now has a stepped coachhouse roof which differs from her original flat roof. Can you recall any specific details when you looked at her, did she have 3 portholes? what colour was she painted? owners name at that time?
My luck would'nt by any chance extend to you having taken any photographs at that time?
Looking forward to your reply,
Alan.

Sniper

Visit site
Hi Alan.

As it happens, I did take some photos - mainly of the hull as I remember. If you email me with your address I'd be happy to send them to you as they're no use to me now. email: Tim@reliance96.fsnet.co.uk

I can't remember the owners name; I believe he was a nurse or paramedic - something like that. I remember her having a stuart turner which wouldn't start. I think the hull was painted blue at the time, for what it's worth.

Donmac

Visit site
Built Singapore 1957/59 and sailed home to uk via Red Sea.

Does anyone out there know any snippets of information regarding this particular Eventide. I've copies of the articles in the Jan & Feb issues of YM 1960 but would be very keen to track and record her history from then on.

WHY ? - Because I've just bought her and want to complete her story.
Note also left on the Classic Boat Forum.
Any and all info will be appreciated !

Thanks in anticipation. Alan.

Hi Alan

I have an item from the Borer Bee which might or might not be of interest to you. Email me: daml@hotmail.co.uk if you like. cheers, Don.