Books for your voyage

Daydream believer

Visit site
The wife is a voracious reader...a book a day...and amazingly they are usually French. I used to read a lot...and I enjoy reading...my problem is that I am a slow reader...it takes me forever to get through a book. So, I tend to not bother so much
Do you have much trouble colouring in the pictures? If you struggle to keep within the lines, you can get coloured pencils with sharper tips rather than crayons. Plus they are more child friendly than crayons, if you still have the habit of sucking the ends. ;)

Bouba

Visit site
Do you have much trouble colouring in the pictures? You can get coloured pencils with sharper tips rather than crayons. Plus they are more child friendly than crayons, if you still have the habit of sucking the ends. ;)
Most people consider me an accomplished artist (although I haven’t accomplished anything)...and as you know I am a very good writer.... I just read at a slow pace...it’s not an impairment nor a sign of delinquency

Seashoreman

www.pianotuning.uk.com
Yes even instructions on shampoo bottles😂
Sailed to Netherlands with a retired Farmer friend many years ago. Mid-summer so I had a new bottle of sun tan cream.
However, for a change, I read the directions which said that one must shower and 'exfoliate'. Neither of us had a clue what this meant and no dictionary to hand (pre internet possibilities). Even considered asking a friendly local.
Threw my fate to the wind and just skipped the 'exfoliation' bit and it still seemed to work.
Eventually found its meaning and had to consider that all we had on board was a scouring sponge , sandpaper and a small piece of wire wool. Have yet to exfoliate in all these years.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Most people consider me an accomplished artist (although I haven’t accomplished anything)...and as you know I am a very good writer.... I just read at a slow pace...it’s not an impairment nor a sign of delinquency
So do you reckon that the wife will risk letting you paint the garden shed, when it stops raining this summer?
Perhaps she would be wiser to let you practice on that gate you did last year first :unsure: :LOL:

Daydream believer

Visit site
It is not just the reading. It is the digesting & understanding ;)
If you can answer a few questions about the prose that have just read , then you have read it.
Not everyone can do that.

doug748

Visit site
The wife is a voracious reader...a book a day...and amazingly they are usually French. I used to read a lot...and I enjoy reading...my problem is that I am a slow reader...it takes me forever to get through a book. So, I tend to not bother so much

Don't start that Nostromo then, before the end you will either be dead or think you are.

Bouba

Visit site
Don't start that Nostradamus then, before the end you will either be dead or think you are.
I thought you were going to say that before I finish it will be the end of the world....I could be a fifth horseman...the slow reader....who turns up late