book to recommend

ronsurf

Visit site
God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. One of the best books I've ever read and one I didn't want to end. Beautifully written.
If you really want to feel like you haven't made the best of your life, read Shunt, the life of James Hunt.
The Long Way by Bernard Moitessior is a good read. Goes off a bit at the end, but good.

svbluewater

Visit site
Definitely recommend Moitessier's The Long Way also, but we're a bit biased as he had a hand in the design of our steel cutter and the book is a bit of a handbook to some of our systems. Anyway, a good read.

Visit site
I agree with Ronsurf. God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy is also the best book I've read that I have read it more than thrice already. You may want to grab a cop of this book!

saab96

Bath, Somerset or sailing Portugal to Azores
www.lesweatheritt.com
Just read Martin O’Scannall’s “For the love of Sauntress” and it’s unputdownable. Years of sailing his 1913, 27foot gaffer without an engine: around Britain, around Ireland, across Biscay, now in NW Spain. He developed a square sail because it is handier and safer that the silly spinnaker things burmudan sloops have to resort to down wind.

This is a rare find, most of you won't have heard of Martin O’Scannall, but this book is one hell of a good read. Especially for the classic and traditional boaters.