Boatyards in Nydri, Previza or Lefkada

Steve1957

Visit site
Hi, we are looking for a new boatyard to keep our shared ownership Jaguar 27. Our current yard will be throwing us out at the end of this season as they prefer bigger boats. Any ideas and if have first hand knowledge, Nydri, Preveza or Lefkada rough prices? Looking for cheap and cheerful rather than bells and whistles etc Thanks in advance

servus

Visit site
Hi, we are looking for a new boatyard to keep our shared ownership Jaguar 27. Our current yard will be throwing us out at the end of this season as they prefer bigger boats. Any ideas and if have first hand knowledge, Nydri, Preveza or Lefkada rough prices? Looking for cheap and cheerful rather than bells and whistles etc Thanks in advance
Hello Steve,
I bought my boat in 2009 when she was parked in AKZIO Marina and keppt her there for some years.
That is just opposite Preveza. From the three marinas on the south side of the entrance to the Amvrakian Gulf Akzio was the cheapest. It looked a bit like a scrapyard but they were o.k.
Next to them is Ionion Marine and another few steps further towards the sea is Cleopatra Marina, the most larney one.
Back in the Amvrakian on the south shore is a village called Vonitsa. There is a small marina in front of the Village and next to the harbour.

On the isle of Lefkas there are a few marinas and in the bay of Nidri one can find places too.

My infos are abit dated, Aktio marina for example has expanded tremendously.... there should be much more recent info available here.

I suggest a search on google maps and check if you like the setting.

Fair winds

ridgy

Visit site
Doesn't get much cheaper than vliho yacht club,.no charge unless boat is left with them on guardienage in between users. Run by English people and super helpful. They deal with alot of shared boats.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
We’ve kept our boat in Ionion for years: good service and a nice enough yard. A dead Saildrive saw us lifted out in Vliho at what’s know as Maria’s Yard but officially Vliho Marina. Boat is struck there until next spring: yard is VERY helpful and friendly and it’s a good third cheaper than Ionion. Yard is tiny in comparison with Ionion but we turned up hoping for a quick fix, booked to stay for a fortnight, couldn’t get things sorted and asked to stay over winter and they found space for us. Even better, the money we paid for the lift and 2 weeks stay became our deposit….
Agree with the comments about the yacht club; helpful and always reasonably priced. Their work after the “storm” a few years back was amazing.

Steve1957

Visit site
Hello Steve,
I bought my boat in 2009 when she was parked in AKZIO Marina and keppt her there for some years.
That is just opposite Preveza. From the three marinas on the south side of the entrance to the Amvrakian Gulf Akzio was the cheapest. It looked a bit like a scrapyard but they were o.k.
Next to them is Ionion Marine and another few steps further towards the sea is Cleopatra Marina, the most larney one.
Back in the Amvrakian on the south shore is a village called Vonitsa. There is a small marina in front of the Village and next to the harbour.

On the isle of Lefkas there are a few marinas and in the bay of Nidri one can find places too.

My infos are abit dated, Aktio marina for example has expanded tremendously.... there should be much more recent info available here.

I suggest a search on google maps and check if you like the setting.

Fair winds
Thanks. Will investigate.

Steve1957

Visit site
We’ve kept our boat in Ionion for years: good service and a nice enough yard. A dead Saildrive saw us lifted out in Vliho at what’s know as Maria’s Yard but officially Vliho Marina. Boat is struck there until next spring: yard is VERY helpful and friendly and it’s a good third cheaper than Ionion. Yard is tiny in comparison with Ionion but we turned up hoping for a quick fix, booked to stay for a fortnight, couldn’t get things sorted and asked to stay over winter and they found space for us. Even better, the money we paid for the lift and 2 weeks stay became our deposit….
Agree with the comments about the yacht club; helpful and always reasonably priced. Their work after the “storm” a few years back was amazing.
Thanks, another one to investigate.

Jag27Windsong

Visit site
Steve let me know if a spot ever comes up for a share in the boat please, have a jag 27 here in the uk and love the Ionian, Vhilo would be your best bet for a yard.
Thanks
Michael