boats and yatchts for sale

gonfishing

Visit site
and sister publications along with MBM and related internet sites need a damn good sorting out!! because quite frankly they are at best misleading, and at worst a total rip off!!! We have been searching for a boat again, as the last one had an adverse survey, so I spent best a tenner on 3 mags, advertising "more boats for sale nationally than any other mag" CRAP! CRAP!! CRAP!!! they just have not bothered removing from copy ,boats that have been sold many many months ago, or removing from internet boats that have been sold, again months ago, somehow though all the details have just been updated for the new issue!!!!!! so muggsy here goes and buys them again just to find, that with a few exceptions, it is the same as last month, is there somekind of code of practice that should be followed ?? or is this just another case of grab the money for nothing, typical media/ advertising scam, making money from both ends, charging vendor for adverstising, and consumer for purchasing, and giving nothing in return !! is there any body else out there SICK of being ripped of?? i am for one.

juilian

<hr width=100% size=1>oooh, i'll be fishing soon.

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G'day Julian,

It's a bit complicated in that the seller has to notify the advertiser the item has been sold.

This may be the dealer who listed the item in the first place, but other dealers will list it because they have no idea it's been sold due to lack of notification.

The owner who places a single add is ok, however, the publishers offer 6 adds for the price of 3, so it might run for six months, even though it sold in the first month.

The dealer, sub dealer or individual may or may not advise the publisher of the sale: and, even if they do, there is no guarantee the publisher or web master will act on the advice.

I have been looking around for close to two years now, and often find lots of adds for boats I know sold months ago, have sent e-mails to the publishers with details from other sites that have been updated but still no changes made weeks later.

I suspect they like to have a long list or full pages of boats available so they appear to have lots of variety and choices, sad really, don't they know this only drives people away from their publications and web sites.

I can Only Agree, Crap, Crap, Crap.

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Thats interesting since I've always wondered why someone will pay for an advert with a 'sold' slash across it' but it's because they have a 6 for 3 as you say and of course in this case have the courtesey to update the ad.
David

<hr width=100% size=1>

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Whoa...

...steady up.

Let me try to take your barrage of obviously frustration motivated points one at a time.

Firstly, Boats and Yachts for Sale nothng to do with us, website or magazine, so I cannot help you with that.

Secondly, broker and private ads in all magazines have to be submitted around three-four weeks prior to the time that you see them, so some will have been sold; it was ever thus. Ads cost money and so it really isn't in anyone's interest to list old stock. Occasionally the sold flashes appear because they are requested at the last minute when the ads have been composed but before they finally go to plate (there would be no time for more comprehensive changes).

In terms of the private classified boats for sale you see on the ybw.com classified section these are always left live for the period of the current issue in which they also currently appear unless we are specifically approached by an owner to remove them. I'm not sure there's any way of changing this because I don't think private advertisers would want a call from us every second day asking if they had sold their boats, even if we thought we could do it.

In terms of the brokerage boats displayed on ybw.com the brokers concerned have full access to their lists and are able to add and delete as soon as boats are listed or sold. One would hope they all do so in a timely fashion and I don't really have any proof to know whether they do so or not.

I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences and I'm not saying things cannot be improved...for example we are always looking at our submit to print times on our titles to see if any gains can be made. But there is not a deliberate attempt to defraud as far as I am concerned.

<hr width=100% size=1>

gonfishing

Visit site
Re: Whoa...

Point taken Kim, and i am aware of the limitations Editors have over the accuracy of adverts placed by individuals, and the reluctance of brokers to remove an advert,for which they have paid for a contractual period of time.The acronym B.O.G.O.F comes to mind" buy one get one free" and tough if you've sold out on the first day.Still very frustrating,particularly when you ring some one at home,who has adverstised a boat for sale, which was sold 5 months ago! I have had some interesting replies to," Is the boat still for sale?UHMMMM. As for any impliance on my part of any impropriorty, or fraudulant activity by publishers of these magazines,whether or not under the I.P.C banner, it was not intentional, and if this has caused offense i fully retract and apologise. I will however keep my beer tokens for the purpose, in future.

<hr width=100% size=1>oooh, i'll be fishing soon.