Boat swaps

G

Just to let readers know of a new service for those cruising the inland waterways. We have just launched (on January 14th 2002) a website for those wishing to swap boats with other boat owners. It works a bit like house swapping but does not include wife (or husband!!) swapping at the moment. All details on the website at www.ExchangeYourBoat.com

Free membership for the first 100 to join.

Joe & Nicki
http://www.exchangeyourboat.com
http://come.to/feakle

byron

RIP
Visit site
Blowed if I would lend my boat to someone whom I don't know. They could be the worst boat handler in the world, heavy on the throttles, live like pigs squashing chips into te carper and spilling wine on the upholstery. Worse they might even be Narrow Boat Owners who think you can bang up against anything.

ô¿ô

Col

Visit site
Byron, I'm getting really worried about you,
you seem to be suffering from some dreadful illness, each photo, you look worse and worse. If I can be of any help at all, please don't hesitate to call for help ( from anyone else )
Hope your feeling better, and can you leave me that nice remote controlled searchlight in your will.
wishing you well
Love Col !!

tcm

Visit site
Re: but everyone says that!

With great trepidation, and exactluy the same worries, byron, we swapped houses, also on the net. We tidied, left instructions, and to show we were nic people, we left a bottle of wine specially for them.

When we arrived at their house, they'd tidied some more, they had a pool, they'd left champagne. So we really really tidied at the end of the trip. Gopt back and they'd done some gardening, cleaned better than we did, and left more champagne.

So, however worried u are, they are just as worried.

tcm

Visit site
Re: Recomendation, agreed, and skiing

I found someone to take my 9-year old on holiday skiing. "How, do i know you aren't an axewielding maniac?" I asked. " How do I know that you aren't" he asked, and requested a proper piece of paper releasing from getting sued to bits from the actions of small lunatic son.

Email and stuffallows sensible and extenesive exchange of views, these days.

Exchanges are Recommended, imho.

coliholic

Visit site
Reluctantly agree to boat swap

Dear tcm

Am prepared to accept exchange of boats for the summer. Our Mirage is on the River Ouse and will have full tanks of diesel. Please do NOT refuel during your holiday on it. We will take over the Leopard in Nice and will stay on it as long as there's fuel in it. Of course we won't refuel either.

Please advise best 3 weeks in August for this exchange. Daren't do it any earlier 'cos the heatings not working, but will leave a fan heater in case it gets chilly in the evenings. Trust your a\c will be OK.

tcm

Visit site
Re: Unfortunately

I feel too inexperienced at inland waterway boating, going thru unmanned locks for example, and am v worried i wd smash your boat, or cause damage such as dropping the teapot or even losing the biscuit tin. So I am afraid I must refuse your kind offer.

coliholic

Visit site

No it's Ok you can just go up and down between the locks rather than go through them. Much like byron does. So all is OK and the deal's still on then?

tcm

Visit site
Re: No, no

It just wouldn't be fair, as i feel all wobbly and erm what with the bridges and stuff and the sides being so close in. See? This is why it's always excellent on boat swaps, cos people only swap when they are comfortable and so on ....

...have u seen the site. A multituse of posibilities i must say..

longjohnsilver

Visit site

Look Colic I hate to be picky, but as a totally independent observer there are two points to note:

a) not much fun reversing between locks, presume that actual turning a bit of a problem

b) how can the deal be back on when no initial agreement between both parties?

Any further contractual arrangements on this BB to be arranged exclusively thru LJS Sharing and Caring Boat Agency. Understood???

DepSol

Visit site
I think there is only one person who could use my boat if I wasnt present, there is no way I would let a stranger on board let alone give em a key.

Dom