boat spec . can you name a few options

Visit site
25-29 feet
lounger at the back ie so the wife can lie down and enjoy the sun
towable ie 2850 kg or less
Holding tank/ shower
1 double with 2 other births for kids
Radar arch ( not my spec but its been asked for)

Nice to have
heating fitted ( can retro fit)
bow thruster ( can fit if needed)

ie like a Doral Monticello in style but towable!!
ps if you have anything for sale that meets the above please let me know

oh it does not need a trailer as we sell these but a pal has asked for help hence the question budget 50-60k his boat is sold so can move quick

CLB

Visit site
Be very careful with weight. The brochure weight is often lower than reality, plus you then put loads of kit onboard and fill the water and fuel tanks.

As you make the trailers, I suspect you already know that the trailer weighs 650kg. I would be looking at boats with a brochure weight down around 2300/2400 to allow for real weight plus kit and fuel.

How about a Bayliner 245 or maybe a 265 (need to check weight). Sealine S23/S25. These might be a bit smaller than you were thinking, but they are realistically about as big as you would want to tow.

CLB

Visit site
Yes you might get an Ali trailer at just unde 500kg, although as the OP sells trailers im I'm sure that this is an option, but even so, you would still only have about 200kg to play with. Remember that dry weight won't include, fenders, anchor, any optional extras, electronics, possibly even canopy. I heard once that it sometimes doesn't even include batteries. Then add even a small amount of fuel, as the boat can never be truly empty, and a bit of margin for error. You might get away with it, but legally you could end up in deep doodoo if pulled over or, heaven forbid, were involved in a serious accident if you were found to be overweight.

rafiki_

Visit site
We had a Sunbird 25' sports cruiser. Towed to Acle from Chesterfield, behind a V8 Disco. Did it once, and not something I would be keen to repeat often.

superheat6k

Visit site
How often are you thinking of launch and recovery and who will help you ?

Trying to launch or recover in even slightly windy or a moderate tidal current is likely the fastest way to achieve a successful boating divorce from SWMBO that exists. Thus if you want to make boating a sole hobby then try splashing your boat as a regular event. I reckon SWMBO will be leaving you to it by launch 3.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
How often are you thinking of launch and recovery and who will help you ?

Trying to launch or recover in even slightly windy or a moderate tidal current is likely the fastest way to achieve a successful boating divorce from SWMBO that exists. Thus if you want to make boating a sole hobby then try splashing your boat as a regular event. I reckon SWMBO will be leaving you to it by launch 3.
Plus 1 for that
We used to tow a Sealine S23 and because of the above and salt water causing failures to cable brakes, brake springs, brake shoes and bearings, (despite good maintenance) we always then had it craned in and marina berthed for a few weeks at a time.

Visit site
hi

the user will only tow it about 5 miles from loch lomond to the clyde as he would also like to explore the coast hence the need to be able to trailer. the rst of the time it will stay in the water

Dave