Boat Scrubbing Machine

townquay

Visit site
Does anybody know if the boat -scrubbing 'thingamajig' machine which can scrub the bottom whilst afloat is still up and working at Portsmouth ? If so, where can it be found please. Also does anybody have any experience of it ?
There was also one in Yarmouth at some stage so I read, is that still operational ??

<hr width=100% size=1>

JeremyF

Visit site
Yes, its live at Haslar, Gosport after a prototype at Yarmouth

www.boatscrubber.com

Its good value compared to a lift and blast-off, but obviously you can't check anodes etc!!

It cleans slime of well, but its a bit aggressive for very soft antifouling like Micron. I think they recommend Seajet or other medium-hard paints

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Jeremy Flynn/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
Dawn Chorus</font color=red>

jimi

Visit site
I've used it and it certainly was effective. However as Jeremy says you do really need hard antifoul as the softer antifoul gets scrubbed off. I think you need to decide at the start of the season what you're going to do and adopt the appropriate antifoul policy.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
or as has been debated before, simply don't bother antifouling anymore. Several scrubs a year probably far more effective than useless modern antifouls, at around the same price.

<hr width=100% size=1>