Boat Loose on the Deben

Captn_Sardine

Visit site
It was a bit breezy on the Deben last night. This morning it appears to be a smalish sailboat (~22 ft, blue hull) tangled with a medium size mobo in Woodbridge by the entrance of the Tide Mill.

Can't make out the boat names from shore. Both are aground now, but on the next tide they will bang against each other or the sailboat may get loose again to drift upstream and run aground or tangle somebody else.

If anybody knows of these boats they may want to contact the owners.
(photo)

IMG_20151115_093346.jpg

Captn_Sardine

Visit site
Sorry for anybody who may be worried, I could not see the boat names from shore and my phone's camera is quite limited.

The motorboat is in a state of semi abandonment. Could not see the sailboat very well. They where still tangled at high tide by the time I left by midday. The sailboat liying to the tide and the motorboat to the wind.

Cheers

Dug1

Visit site
Many thanks for the heads up on this, at this moment in time I'm not sure what happened here as from the shore it looks as though the mooring bouy for the cabin cruiser's mooring is on the deck of my yacht almost as if it has been moved to this mooring.
Needless to say I left it moored on my mooring buoy's strop on my Fairways Knoll Committee mooring port 13 (!) which is nearer to the Tide Mill Marina entrance and safely away from the Emily. I have been down this morning and spoken to Geoff at Eversons and when tide permits today they will go upriver and sort it out. Geoff was not aware of any reports about the situation.
So there we are, I'm completely mystified as to what has happened, it does look as if the boat has been put next to Emily on her mooring though why and who by remains to be seen.
With thanks to all showing concern
. Doug