Boat Lift out - Portsmouth Harbour

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Intend to have the boat taken out of the water just before easter, to have a quick lick of paint, polish and anode change, over a long weekend.

Any recommendations, boats 38foot weight about 10 tonne and we have a draught of 2 metres. Moored in Gosport.

Normally come out at moodys but bit of a trek for a quickie.

Cheers

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by delf on 04/02/2004 12:58 (server time).</FONT></P>

Elissaar

Visit site
Could try Gosport boat yard, they have a large crane and I am pretty sure they can handle larger boats like yours. Speak to Chris Haddock, I think for short term lift outs for spit and polish they have a reasonable price. I cant comment yet about their lift (its a big crane) abilities but they took the mast off my boat quite well. Sorry but I dont have their number but they are in the book. Let me know how you get on, my boat is due out end of April for much the same thing..do you know anyone who can sort out a few scrapes on the gelcoat? I suppose after that there is port solent up the river or C and N (but are more the commercial stuff or more expensive).

Kind regards

Simon

<hr width=100% size=1>

robbieg

Visit site
Could try Ken Brown boats Camber Dock Portsmouth 02392814246. Reputed to have reasonable prices & to know what they are doing. I'll find out shortly when my boat comes out there!

<hr width=100% size=1>

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Thanks Simon, I'll give them a call.

Sorry can't help with a contact for gel coat.

But if its only a small patch and you are quite practical it's quite easy to do yourself. I did a few bits last year, managed to get some Scott Bader gelcoat, correct match for the boat. With a bit of wet n dry and polish came up a treat.

<hr width=100% size=1>

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Thanks

Would I be correct in assuming that camber dock is just to the right of the wight link ferry port in portsmouth ?

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulplatts

Visit site
Gosport Boat Yard may well be the best bet. They do a weekend lift out service. They may be rather busy at this time of year with lots of boats out for the winter. They can also do gelcoat repairs etc.
I have used them for years & my new boat is a similar size to yours.

<hr width=100% size=1>

robp

Visit site
Guy left this on my boat last year. (No not because it had holes in it)! Someone said he's good.
K. Horn GRP Repairs: 023 92 646487 or 07766 521575

No connection

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by robp on 04/02/2004 17:31 (server time).</FONT></P>

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Thanks for your help guys.

Just booked the boat in at Gosport boat yard, quite a good price to. Even picking the boat up from our berth.

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by delf on 04/02/2004 19:00 (server time).</FONT></P>