Boat Heating; Electric

G

Has anyone come across a ducted warm air heating system powered by 240V electric rather than the traditional diesel. Our boat is usually in a marina when we need heating and I think diesel heaters at the £1000 mark are expensive. We usually use a 2kW fan heater but it gets in the way, so if it was possible to build one in it would be a great help.

G

Build one in then...

There's no reason why you shouldn't build a 2kW fan heater in to your boat. Select a suitable location at floor level, perhaps an underbunk area where there's adequate space, cut a hole to match the profile of the front of the heater, and fix it in the hole. You must ensure that there's sufficient air access to the space in which you mount the heater, and you'll need to baffle it in some way to ensure that locker contents can't obstruct its air intake. I mounted a heater like this in the kick-strip under my kitchen units at home, and it's been a real benefit.

G

try a kitchen shop!!!

have you seen the electric fan heaters designed to go in the kick panel at the bottom of kitchen units?

kev