Boat comes one step closer...

Steve_D

Visit site
'Had a great day out today, set off from St Peter Port for Havre Goselin (sp?) on Sark in my mates Fletcher with wives and kids. Nice crossing over and an excellent bar meal at Dixcart Hotel. The sea was slight, which helped, and it was a really nice winters trip which really blew the cobwebs away.

My wife was fairly impressed in spite of herself and started to see that a boat might be a good idea after all, The kids were all smiles and helped with the high pressure sales talk after.

The prize draws one more step closer :)

Steve D

lanason

Visit site
I've been out looking at boats to buy and have a similar problem - Outnumbered 5 - 1 in our household.
I want and SWMBO and the kids dont - Still they will love it when they got out in it.
That is when I buy it, after the Lounge is decorated and we change the car so we can tow it and buy her a new car and .........

Hell think I'll buy the boat first and then take all that they throw at me.

Adrian :))

Steve_D

Visit site
I tried to do the sums to see if div*rce was a cheaper option than the loft conversion and refurbishing the lounge (both required before boats can be considered) but decided that all that would happen is that the lawyer would end up with the boat, and probably the house as well. ;-)

At least its 3:1 in favour of the boat in our household.

Good Luck

Steve D

paulrossall

Visit site
I had sailed small boats all my life and found myself redundant and approaching 50 so I reviewed my life and went out and bought a 30 foot boat and told wife and family afterwards. Best decision I have ever made and after 18 months wife has got fed up with being left at home and now comes boating. Don't ask anyones opinion just go and buy what you want. Good luck and have fun.

Steve_D

Visit site
Re: Wish list

The Fletcher 19 Sportscruiser GTO looks like the right boat for me small enough to zip around in but big enough for the odd trip to Dielette or Jersey.

Steve D

DepSol

Visit site
Re: Wish list

I would prob want 3 boats, one for skiing, one for weekending (my boat that I ahve now) and one huge f@5k off one with all the toys to mess around on the med.

Dom