Boat carpets

My She

Visit site
We've done quite a few boats now. We just get the carpets from say - CarpetRight, cut them out and then get or carpet-edging man to bind them. He's based near Maidenhead and is the man CarpetRight use too. His number is 01628 631419.

russ

Visit site
We've done quite a few boats now. We just get the carpets from say - CarpetRight, cut them out and then get or carpet-edging man to bind them. He's based near Maidenhead and is the man CarpetRight use too. His number is 01628 631419.

I'm also wanting to change my carpets but they are removable sections with water proof backing and poppers to hold in position. Is this something your man also does and where can I get my type of boat carpet?

My She

Visit site
I'm also wanting to change my carpets but they are removable sections with water proof backing and poppers to hold in position. Is this something your man also does and where can I get my type of boat carpet?

No, we haven't bothered with waterproof backing and in fact put our own underlay down . . You can buy waterproof stuff as they use it around swimming pools? Apart from that I imagine your best bet is to return to the boat's manufacturers?

Mirror Painter

Visit site
How about d.i.y. with carpet tiles? Spare tiles can be bought at the same time to fix any accidents or wear.

Here are some carpet tiles installed in luxury cabin cruiser, (quite a good result considering I fitted them by torchlight):

cabincarpet.jpg
[/IMG]

oldgit

Visit site
No, we haven't bothered with waterproof backing and in fact put our own underlay down . . You can buy waterproof stuff as they use it around swimming pools? Apart from that I imagine your best bet is to return to the boat's manufacturers?

Underlay makes it nice and comfy on the footsies when one is walking around with bare feet in ones nightie !
Plus it is an excellent way of damping noise.

GMs Sceptre

Www.egsco.com

Thanks for the number.Did your striped carpets on the Targa, come from Carpet Right?
My carpet fitting skills are really not upto acceptable standard.

My She

Visit site
Thanks for the number.Did your striped carpets on the Targa, come from Carpet Right?
My carpet fitting skills are really not upto acceptable standard.

Yes, they did. Roy often uses the previous carpets as templates and a very sharp Stanley knife! A pattern, of course, is harder to match if you have lift up parts but also hides any mistakes? (not that Roy makes mistakes of course - ;))