Boat broken into,mercury15hp 2 stoke short shaft stolen

andyc

Visit site
I had a breakin at the boat between lunchtime saturday and tuesday AM and they stole my tender outboard and a few bits as follows.

1.15hp Mercury 2 stroke short shaft outboard in immaculate condition.
2. An Orange outboard fuel container with the Italian make " selva" on it. 25 litre I think but could be 15litre sorry I cant remember the fuel capacity.Rare in the UK as I brought it back from Italy and selva the outboard manufacturer dont trade much in the UK.
3. Binoculars
5.Ipod.
6.Flares pack.

They were going to steal our brand new life jackets but left them.

Give me a call if anyone sees an outboard especially with a Selva fuel tank.07740 472975

andyc

Visit site
No help but how did you know they were going to steal the jackets?

They were on the rear deck and not in the cabin locker where I left them.
Bummer is that It is insured with the Boat, but because its over 10 hp its got a huge xs.Ive not claimed and wont do either as I did a scenario with the Insurance for the renewal and with a £1000 claim it raised my premium by £500 and with a £300xs it just isnt worth the bother.
I have scoured Ebay and a few other places for the last 6 months and Nothing.I WILL find it, I recon its pretty close by.I found the fuel tank abandoned within 400m less the fuel.
Its funny how whenever we go out in the dinghy, my eyes automatically check every boat.

My wife always quotes 2 sayings,

What goes around comes around.
Good things happen to those that wait.

My main query is ,Why steal some 3 year old flares that are near expired?