Bluechart v C-Map

• Thread starter Deleted User YDKXO
  • Start date

Steve_D

Visit site
Re: Garmin useability

I use Garmin handhelds (III & Legend) the garmin III had to go back to have the BIOS battery replaced @ 4 years old, came back all done with latest firmware upgrades and a note saying that the ipx7 waterproofness thingy was still valid. No charge (money that is not the battery)

I agree totally with comments about useability.

The III got handed over to a friend as it was gathering dust, he came back to me a bit worried because he didn't believe it could be that simple to use and was sure there must be more to it.

Steve D

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Easy to use

I have a Raythion set thats been on the boat since I bought it.
Ok it's old now but. I've never read the instructions. Never seen anything so easy to use and works first time every time.
Wish I could program the telly as easy. I've been trying to do that for the past two months

Haydn

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com

Agree with that too. Been using various versions of their kit for 10 years and very comfortable with it. Try to bear it in mind when looking at other stuff but there is a noticeable consistency across the range, especially now the radars are home-grown and much of the development also centred on Portsmouth.

Associate Publisher ybw.com websites kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Kim is it posible to up rate the old systems to accept the new Cmaps. It seems a pity to scrap mine cos it's very good, but it works on the radar screen and it's a bit small. And going smaller as my eyes get worse.

Haydn

longjohnsilver

Visit site

Put your glasses on Haydn, also you've got your screen about half a mile from where you sit, move it towards the helm seat and mebbe you'll see it better. There we are that's now saved you just about enuf to recover your seats!! ;-))

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Cant do that John cos then it would be on top of the plasticy glass bit and then I'd have no where for my tea.
New pair of glasses might help though. Tutt's gets mine for me £3-50 a pair.

Haydn