blue chart

nac

Visit site
I have a garmin gps 162 and was wondering what the prices of the cd for the irish sea area cost in england. just phoned my local chandler today and lo and behold the cd was costing more than the unit, he said about 300 euro. so would like to hear from you if you have come across these outrageous prices also address of supplier at a more sensible price.
nac.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
Try Cactus. I think they'll be a bit cheaper than that - abt 170 quid inc VAT for the North Sea one when I bought it last year
;-)

<hr width=100% size=1>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
The costs are pretty much exactly the same wherever you buy. There are two CDs, either Atlantic or Pacific. Every chart is on the CD but you need an unlock code which you can obtain direct from Garmin via Internet or from a supplier.

The $299 price may seem outrageous if you only want a chart to cover a small area. However, if you look at what you get for your money it's a much cheaper way than paper charts. The area that mine covers is the whole of Holland, North Sea as far north as Scarborough, English Channel as far as a line somewhere around Brighton. Every published chart is included, port plans, every scale. A much better deal.

<hr width=100% size=1>