Blow Job

graham

Visit site
Many years back in the army we used to blow up Avon Redcrest dinghys using a hose on a vehicle exhaust.

Does anyone know if this is likely to do any damage.Now I pay for my own boats I tend to take more care.

G

1. I thought you were on the wrong forum there for a second. 2. I don't know the answer to your question.

PuffTheMagicDragon

Visit site
Re: Suckers\' Delight

Only if you are certain as to what's on the inside of the tubes. If there is some form of latex or rubber compound, e.g. in the adhesive used for taping the seams, then I would not be surprised if this were to deteriorate when it comes into contact with any unburnt hydrocarbons in your exhaust. Long term you might have proven yourself to be really 'suckered'!.
A 12 volt inflator plugged into your car battery doesn't cost all that much.
Fair Winds!

Wally

G

Re: Suckers\' Delight

I have a rechargeable Camping air-bed inflator and that brings my avon up to within a few strokes of well-inflated. I also have a 12V car battery one that is about the same .... they were about £10 for the 12V and about £20 for the rechargeable job !
I have also heard of people using the heater outlet on a car .... just set to cold and full blower ....... as its big volume rather than pressure.