bleeding an eberspach

simonfraser

Visit site
Hi,
still air in the fuel line, i can see the air moving through
so, it has been sugested that i can righ up a temp 12 feed to the pump and run fuel through until its clear
which way round should i wire up the power, both of the connectors on the fuel pump are the same size and color ????
many thanks, S

MrCramp

Visit site
I don't think it matters which way you wire the terminals but you have to keep "flashing" the connection as the pump is normally sent a pulse like current from the controller.

fireball

Visit site
Odd - because I assumed it would be the same as my fuel pump on my old MGB ... (not identical - same method!) and that just takes a straight 12v feed ... once the pressure is up it stops pumping ... I assumed the eberpump worked the same way.

pcatterall

Visit site
Any way round will do. Remove the pipe at the junction with the Eber. Direct the pipe into a little container. Just tap one connection at a frequency of around 1 or two taps per second.
When you have good clear spurts and no bubbles reconnect the pipe.
Ensure that the pump is mounted at an angle as per the instruction manual. Ensure that all pipe connectors are tight.
Remember that sparks and batteries in confined places can cause an explosion!!

mpopeye

Visit site
DONT FORGET THE FILTER!!
On the input to the pump is a small filter it just about fits on the end of a cotten bud make sure this is clear or the fuel will not flow.

sonarbell

Visit site
On your old MGB lucas pump the pulsing was controlled with a set of internal switches. Rather like a set of points. It ran untill the pressure was too great for it to pump any more. ie when the float chamber is full.

On an Eber pump the switching is controlled by the control unit. That is how the heat is controlled. ie, when you want half heat the pump ticks slower than when on full heat.
Hope that makes it a little clearer, Have repaired a couple of Ebers and sort of know them quite well.