Blakes Seacocks

jaylo264

Visit site
When I stick my finger down the seacock outlets on Merlins Magic, there are slots or lines down the body which must be machined on, but they are not replicated on the cones; does anyone know if this is correct?

Also, does anyone have a 1.5 inch old type blakes seacock HANDLE lying about waiting for a new home, donation happily given.

jaylo264

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Yes, they are all like that AFAIK. Grease, muck and other solids accumulate in there and should be cleaned out every year. If not the grooves will become full and the solids will abrade the cone.

jaylo264

Visit site
Thanks, Vyv, it's clear now, good blakes idea.

All:

Have got my handle off without destruction, too, so no longer need another one, thanks.

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
When I stick my finger down the seacock outlets on Merlins Magic, there are slots or lines down the body which must be machined on, but they are not replicated on the cones; does anyone know if this is correct?

Also, does anyone have a 1.5 inch old type blakes seacock HANDLE lying about waiting for a new home, donation happily given.

jaylo264

Hi
Yep as Vyv says they all have the grooves usualy three, and they do need cleaning out when servicing the valve, so grease can get trapped in there and help lubricate the valve.
DSCN3596.jpg

Mike