Black Shed Paglesham

Jan Harber

Visit site
Any one interested in the history of barges and barge yachts, might like to look at a recent post on East Coast Forum, concerning the demise of Frank Shuttlewood’s old black shed at Paglesham. Many barges, smacks and barge yachts were built there.
I don’t know how to re-post the thread here.

Shearwater

Visit site
Any one interested in the history of barges and barge yachts, might like to look at a recent post on East Coast Forum, concerning the demise of Frank Shuttlewood’s old black shed at Paglesham. Many barges, smacks and barge yachts were built there.
I don’t know how to re-post the thread here.
Just logged in after many years. I remember the black shed there. My m & d took us mushrooming across the cow pastures in the very early 60's. Some other time they drove us out for an evening at the Plough and Sail; me with a fizzy orangeade in the garden with a packet of Smith's crisps with its salt in a blue paper twist. . An old guy called Snowy was known to walk around selling posies etc to the ladies but there really was brandy and tobacco undernoeath. Everyone know, no-one would blab. Car broke down one night and we had to catch the very last bus (was it the 125 service?erhaps not) home. OneErnie Termaine of Westcliff had his boat moored out on the trots on which we used to night fish. Long, long ago. Valuable memories.