Bizarre Moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Its the random inconsistency that baffles me. I recently got a snottogram and post deleted due 'inappropriate content' for posting a mildly humourous and utterly inoffensive quip on the grounds that it violated the ban on discussing current affairs or social issues - on a completely non-contentious thread in the Lounge that concerned - social issues...(is France invading us)
If all social issues were banned there would be precious little discussion bar technical stuff especially in the Lounge - it's almost impossible to avoid them altogether.
Yet despite this uber sensitivity - for what purpose I can't imagine - the Gags thread gets pretty risque, is as un-pc (thank God) as it gets and seems to get away with it (and many of the gags refer to social issues and current affairs...)
Not all of the time :oops: 😁

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
That's what the North Korean government does: punish the families of offenders. 😳
PolPot called it “pulling the weed out by the roots” when he slaughtered the families, friends and neighbours of anyone he suspected of disagreeing with him.

That is a comment about historical dictators, and intends nor bears no relation to moderators past or present.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
There is a rule that we don’t discuss moderation but there are two points worthy of note before this thread is closed.

Firstly I used to be a prison visitor and almost without exception every prisoner I visited protested his innocence. Their perception of crime and reality was strangely distorted. A bit like some poster’s protestations of ‘I didn’t do nothing guv’.

Secondly, if I thought for one moment that the way things were run on here was as morally corrupt as some people have suggested, I’d have no part of it. There’s invariably a back story to actions that are taken and it is inappropriate to say anything further.

Status
Not open for further replies.