Bit quiet Innit ?

oldgit

Visit site
Nothing happing up there in Narnia on Thames. ?

Lots going on down here on the Merdeway.
Hours on the interweb tracking down some cheap oil filters followed by a very exciting oil change on both engines and some of the oil went into the engines.
Beat that. !
Can spring be far behind ?

jct1981

Visit site
Out of the water for winter.
Cleaned the hull & waterline on the weekend, including some calcification which was fun. Hull ready for some light gelcoat repairs on some minor dinks - new Dremel will help with that.

Can anyone recommend the right Dremel tip for gelcoat?

Engine service & oil change before Xmas. Need a couple of new gaskets before she starts back up - hopefully the disconnected hoses will remind me before I turn the key! Sterndrive service in two weeks. Hopefully just a straightforward bellows change.

Cut & polishing topsides over the next couple of weekends, post gelcoat work. Then antifouling mid Feb.
Launch 21st March, but in Aus for preceding 3 weekends, hence need to get the work done early!

High flows on the Thames means it's all red-boarded anyway, so not missing out on much!

Viking23

Visit site
Went down to check boat was still afloat after long period out of the country. Solar panels working well-batteries fully charged.
Looking at the Thames current I reckon it would be a case of going astern downstream to keep within EA speed limits (!). I would guess there’s a lot of debris going down too- a bit worrying with a single prop, so not surprisingly didn’t venture out. Looking forward to Spring. Plan this year is to travel Shepperton-Lechlade and back. Didn’t have enough time last year - busy thing this retirement lark!

oldgit

Visit site
Went to check my boat yesterday. Those recent winds must have been pretty strong .
One of the bow ropes had parted and the other was on the way out.
My boat is moored right at the end of the pontoon and first in line to any Westerly winds.
Although sheltered in the Medway valley there is quite a long reach upstream for the wind/waves to build up.
First time can ever recall a rope failing.
The boat usually has two ropes both fore and aft and a couple of really long hefty springs to damp down movment.
The canvas is of course turning a nice green colour.