Birchwood Commando 370

Gemini

Visit site
Looked at a Birchwood Commando 370 2001 needs TLC, but generally not to sad, I would be greatful of any views good or bad on the boat, KAD 44 General handling, rough weather ability & performance etc.
I am aware of the demise of Birchwood. last year, do you think this will affect the residule value in years to come.

Thanks

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
I think the effect on residual has probably already happened, although it will only deteriorate further. These were not the most popular boats when new, so if you're buying one you should be paying a lot less than you would for an equivalent (Targa 37 / Sealine S37). I think they look OK though, and you could probably get a lot of boat for your money.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am aware of the demise of Birchwood. last year, do you think this will affect the residule value in years to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fairly common knowledge that Birchwoods suffered pretty badly in the latter years from poor standards of construction and many people wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. However you have to make up your own mind, look at it very carefully and decide if it's already been discounted cos of its reputation.