Bill Gates new yacht?

Poignard

Visit site
That explains a lot.

I don't mind the piss-taking, it's like water off a duck's back as far as I'm concerned.

What gets me is the ingratitude. :cry:

The best years of my life spent, at some personal risk and often a great deal of discomfort, keeping the Bolshevik hordes at bay so that you can spend your days sitting on your high stool in your warm office, poring over your ledgers or your files; or lounging in front of your television set; all the while oblivious to the fact that night and day, out there on, or under, the cold grey ocean, a dedicated and fearless team of highly-trained professionals watches over you and keeps you safe.

Sometimes, I wonder why I bothered!

laughing emoji.gif

scotty123

Visit site
I don't mind the piss-taking, it's like water off a duck's back as far as I'm concerned.

The best years of my life spent, at some personal risk and often a great deal of discomfort, keeping the Bolshevik hordes at bay so that you can spend your days sitting on your high stool in your warm office, poring over your ledgers or your files; or lounging in front of your television set; all the while oblivious to the fact that night and day, out there on, or under, the cold grey ocean, a dedicated and fearless team of highly-trained professionals watches over you and keeps you safe.

View attachment 84797
You probably held hands with capsensible, in those romantic off watch moments sailors luv.

BruceK

Visit site
I always found it rather bizarre that the most advanced nations on earth looked at each other and said "Play nice or I will destroy the whole planet. A hundred times over for good measure. "
Makes you wonder who is advanced and who is backward.

Greg2

Visit site

View attachment 84797

Your fault for being a crabmariner. I did the same as a skimmer so had the benefit of fresh air and a view, not to mention some great runs ashore ?

Back on topic it is good to see those with the wherewithal to do it are pushing the boundaries with different technologies.

Trundlebug

Visit site
Lots of talk in the Meeja about Hydrogen, and all this perception that it's environmentally friendly because "it burns to create just water".
No-one has stopped to think about where the Hydrogen is coming from...
The vast majority (87% I heard ) currently comes from oil, via cracking of methane.
Yes you can make it from electrolysing water, but it's slow, energy intensive (not very efficient I understand) and anyway we don't have the spare generating capacity.
Hey ho.

Reactions: vas